Are you interested in hosting a virtual homebuyer workshop but aren’t sure where to start? Today I’m showing you how to create a quality digital experience for your buyers.
First, let’s establish the basics. The success of any virtual event lies within the foundation. Hosting digitally allows the opportunity to be strategic about the date and time of your event to ensure as many people are tuned in as possible. We’ve found that midweek mornings between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. or Saturdays at 10 a.m. are optimal days and times.
Once you have it scheduled, it’s time to pick a platform. You can use Google Hangouts, Skype for Business, and of course, Zoom.
Before going live, promote, promote, promote. Leverage your social media and email to spread the word about your upcoming event. If you’re a KW agent, take advantage of Command’s designs to create a modern graphic for your social media platforms.
As you prepare your slide deck (or your pitch deck if you’re using Command), here are a few tips to remember to include:
1. Establish yourself as the expert, provide contact information, and include a short bio about yourself or your team within the opening few slides.
2. Invite questions and encourage prospects to use the chat box to ask any questions they might have along the way.
3. Summarize the agenda. Let them know what to expect and set expectations.
4. Address common first-time buyer misconceptions and dispel any myths (such as homes are unaffordable, your credit isn’t good enough, or you don’t have enough for a down payment). When you debunk these misconceptions, it positions you as an authoritative figure and expert in your field.
5. Give potential buyers real-time context as to why they should buy now (low interest rates, info on owning versus renting with current rates, etc.).
6. Position yourself as a valuable promotion tool and establish your role as a fiduciary.
7. Walk them through all of the six steps of buying a home.
8. Reiterate your commitment to the client, and provide ways to stay in touch.
9. Choose the same time each month for your seminars, building momentum with each one.
If you have any questions for me, would like to talk about your business, or want to attend any of our Zoom trainings or masterminds, don’t hesitate to reach out today. I look forward to hearing from you.